Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Layers of Hope, Quilting 911



To all of my quilter friends, I wanted to pass along a need that is in our quilting community.  I know that everyone is in a different position, but wanted to share in case anyone had the capacity.

Layers of Hope, Quilting 911 is an organization set up in Washington that helps support First Responders during emergency situations.  They share their donated quilts with those who respond first to our needs.  I have supported this organization in the past when I made my Green with Envy HST quilt for the families of the firefighters affected in a devastating fire last year in Arizona.  I can testify that they're a legitimate organization.

At this time they're looking for some Queen Sized quilt donations for the people who have lost their homes in a large fire in Washington (at least 400 families).  If you can help, please use the links below for contact information and how you could help if you are unable to send a quilt (i.e. funds for postage, materials, fuel to deliver quilts).

Website with Address Information and how you can help

Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)