Friday, August 8, 2014

Samurai Star Block: A Tried & True Tutorial

Hello All!

Today I've got another installment of my Tried and True Tutorials: The Samurai Star Block from A Crafty Fox.



This is such a great pattern and works well for boy quilts!

I used my fabrics from Dear Stella's Jack & Lulu collection called London Calling. It features some fabulous London novelty prints.  I think the double decker bus is my favorite print! (you can find some of the print here) I also used some solids as well as my favorite Waterfront Park domino print.



The blocks are quick to come together and give a great impact!  If you do not have any experience with the flying geese block you should definitely give the Samurai Star Block a try.



Still piecing the quilt top together, but I couldn't wait to share this Tried and True Tutorial with you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool block! There is a fabric in the Ninja line that would look so cool in this design. Too bad I have only daughters:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)