Monday, December 2, 2013

Green with Envy Finished!

I cannot express how excited I am to have finished the Green with Envy quilt!  It's headed to a well-deserving home of a family member to one of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their life in the wildfire near Prescott, Arizona earlier this year.



The quilt measures roughly 44" x 66" and features various green fabrics from my stash, including some vintage sheets, and Kona Bone as the solid.





I hand quilted along the diagonal and was once again reminded why I love taking the time to hand-quilt.  There's something very satisfying about it.

I came across Layers of Hope, Quilting 911 through one of my blogging networks and found there was a need for donated quilts.  At the time, I knew my plate was full, but I wanted to help out nonetheless and am so glad that I did! Layers of Hope is a group dedicated to First Responders in emergencies.  In doing so, they are able to focus on individuals and know where the quilts are going.

If you're interested in helping out or learning more about Layers of Hope, Quilting 911 you can visit their Facebook page here or blog here.

So many of you donate of your time, quilts and materials to great causes.   I am so grateful to be a part of a community that is so giving and generous.  Thank you all for your efforts.

2 comments:

  1. This turned out really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and such a thoughtful gift. I need to add more charity quilts to my list but need to figure out who is collecting nearby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)