Notting Hill Progress
Now for the list of current WIPS
1. Green HST (half square triangle) or hourglass block quilt (fabric cut, ready for chain piecing)
2. HST Marmalade Quilt Top (no progress since the last post here)
3. Starflower QAL (all starflowers are sewn, but I need to ATTACK the hexagons and the machine piecing...which is intimidating me at the moment. Planning for courage this weekend. Anyone else ever plan for courage? I find it helps me be courageous.)
4. Bind the Granny Square Quilt
5. Bind the HST Sampler Quilt
6. Notting Hill Strings Quilt (a quick quilt that will inevitably need a sister for gifts)
I've done an alteration to the typical strings quilts you see (like the one here, from Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter) where I've kept two of the strings consistent through-out the whole quilt. The center string is a 2" Kona white strip with a 3" Joel Dewberry print next to it. The remainder of the strings are random in both width and order.
My husband says that this is quilt is his favorite.
My only regret is not having more of the floral print in my stash. I have been trying (and failing) to sew my stash and with this project I am sticking to my guns!
So do you think I can have at least one finish for you on Friday? Hint, I think I'll be pulling out my wonder clips to help me!