Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Marmalade HSTs

First of all, I love my Singer 221 Featherweight sewing machine.  We were lucky that our holiday travels only involved a few hours of driving and the featherweight traveled well.  


During the drive, Howie helped me bind a quilt for one of my nephews.

I brought with me a charm pack of Bonnie & Camille's Marmalade and 42 5" Kona White squares.  My sister-in-laws enjoyed learning how to make half square triangles using this method from Cluck Cluck Sew.


Howie enjoyed playing with the HSTs while I was squaring them.

This past weekend I spent some time and am about half way through putting together the Marmalade HST quilt top.  The current plan is that this will serve as a quilt for the next niece born in the family.  I'm excited that the girl will have a quilt that all of her aunts (and mom!) made.




Oh and in case you were wondering, the San Diego Zoo is fabulous!  My husband and I enjoyed all of the animals, especially the leopard statue.



And the koalas were active!  When we went a few years ago for our honeymoon, the koalas were sleeping.  But this time...



I caught one leaping from the branches.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. Love your quilt! I really enjoyed your picture of the Koala, how many times would that happen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)