Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Relapse: Fabric Diet Takes a Hit

For those who follow along on Facebook or Instagram (quartermilequilts), you noticed that I had a *minor* setback in my fabric diet.

But with this Jack and Lulu collection named "London Calling," can you blame me?



I'm not usually partial to novelty prints, but this collection had me at "cheerio" (ok I know it's cheesy...I couldn't help myself!) The little double decker buses and the crowns are my favorites, although the soldiers are pretty awesome, too.

Oh well, at least I'm making progress on my scrappy x blocks. 




I'm pretty sure that this quilt will be fantastic.

7 comments:

  1. I had it in my cart at one point and then took it out. Now I want it again! I think it's super cute. When I put myself on a fabric restriction I find myself actually buying and wanting more fabric. It's terrible. Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scrappy x blocks are beautiful. I can't wait to see them all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are soooo cute! Worth the relapse:) Loving your scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, how could you resist.....what a fun grouping. Your X blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, you just gotta do it. When a fabric really speaks to you, you have to. Otherwise six months from now you'll think of the perfect project for it, it will be gone, you'll try to find something else suitable, nothing will be right, then find yourself grabbing 1/2 yards and fat quarters from any seller on etsy that has it.

    hmmm. I might have a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! can't wait to see more of those X blocks. and hey! when you love fabrics that much, you simply have to buy them!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your scrappy Xs. Curious to see those all come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)