Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Word of the Year - 2014

I've noticed over the past several days, a small trend amongst my blogging friends to pick a word for the year.  For example, my friend Shannon picked the word "bloom" (which I LOVE) and another picked "serenity."

In thinking of my goals for life, family, faith, and this blog, I've been wrestling with what word could be mine for the year. 

Courage?

Hope?

Inspire?  Well, "enjoy and inspire" is the tagline to this blog and I felt inspired to pick another word with similar meaning.  Enter: my thesaurus.  With it's help I decided on the word:



Spark: anything that activates or stimulates; inspiration or catalyst. 

My goal for 2014 is to be open and accepting to the sparks in my life.  I want to be open to the opportunities/lessons/trials that are available to me and my family.  (As long as it doesn't create a HUGE works in progress list, right?).

As you may choose to think of goals for this year, I hope you take some time to reflect on last year and what you want from this upcoming year.  If you could choose a word for this next year, what would it be?

I wish you the very best and a happy, wonderful 2014!

Best,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)