Friday, January 17, 2014

Top 10: Tried and True Quilting Tutorials


Hello all!

Today I'm introducing a new page to my blog:

This new blog page contains a list of tutorials (both sewing and quilting) that I consistently use (over and over again) and love!

If you're new to quilting or a just need to brainstorm some additional ideas, just pop on over!

Today let me share my top ten Tried and True quilting tutorials (names linked to the tutorials and pictures from my projects):

1. Amy Smart's Binding Tutorial from Diary of a Quilter



2. Alison Harris' Half Square Triangles of Cluck Cluck Sew



3. Alison Harris' Hourglass Blocks of Cluck Cluck Sew



4. Elizabeth Hartman's Dresdens from Oh Frannson and Sew Mama Sew!



5. Jeni Baker's Modern Plus Quilt Tutorial of In Color Order



6. Andie Johnson's Road to Tennessee Block from Andie Johnson Sews



7. Amy Smart's Beginning Quilting Series of Diary of a Quilter



8. Anna's Lone Starburst Paper Pieced Pattern from Six White Horses



9. Blue Elephant Stitches version of the Granny Square



10. Amanda's Starflower QAL from A Crafty Fox



Please note that these reviews are based upon my own opinions and experiences.  Pictures come from my projects using the referenced tutorials.

What tutorials to you tend to use over and over again?  Do you have an absolute favorite?

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic compilation! I'll keep this one in my pocket next time I'm teaching someone to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, those are very good tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ulla! I really love these tutorials and hope you find some inspiration here. Thanks so much for stopping by! Best, Kate

      Delete
  4. Hi Kate! I am by no means a quilter, but I love you blog! I came here searching for help and courage to begin a baby quilt and am excited to put Amy Smart's Beginning Quilting Series to use in the next few weeks. I love coming here to see what you are working on. It is all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! I love Amy Smart's tutorials. She keeps everything simple and easy to follow. And always feel free to ask me any questions! I am more than happy to help! Hope you're doing well! Best, Kate

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)