Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kentucky Derby Progress - WIP


Do you remember this oops from a few months ago?  It's taken me some time to get up the courage to tackle it again.






The fabrics are from a purchase I made almost 10 years ago (eeek! has it really been that long?) when one of my favorite quilt shops was closing.  I was in high school at the time and very low on experience in picking out fabric.  You may notice that two of the fabrics are the same print but different colors. 





The colors are more traditional than my current tastes, but all in all, I am pleased with how things are progressing.  Plus, I love the opportunity to use my "stash" and have it work out well.  Anyone else have the tendency to buy a favorite fabric, hoard it, and then realize you don't have anything to go with it?  Happens to me ALL THE TIME.  It's a wonderful bad habit that gives me an excuse to buy more fabric.

Also, who couldn't use more practice piecing HSTs?  I know I could!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday here.

3 comments:

  1. I love horses! This should be a fun quilt when it's complete. It's a ;ways great to use stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few things in my stash that I have had for a while, and they make me wonder why I bought them lol. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)