Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Simple & Effective: Wee Wander Quilt

Here is my simple, yet effective Wee Wander Quilt that I made for my 8 year-old niece.



I love the simple design because it alternates between 6" strips of patterned fabric and 2" strips of Kona White. I love how this let's the colors and patterns of the fabric shine.

I hand-quilted this little number with some coral-colored pearl cotton.  It can be pretty tough to hand sew through minky, so quilter beware :)



This quilt is simple in design and effective because of how it lets the fabric be the star of the show.  It was also simple and effective because while making this quilt I needed something simple. 

All in all, the most important thing is that my niece loves it!



Thank you all for your kind comments and emails about my quilting anxiety in the last post.  You've all offered some great advice and I've started to implement a few of your suggestions.  For example, I don't check my blog feed every night (trying the suggestion to just read on Fridays/Saturdays) and I've skimmed back on my participation in blog link parties.

I've slowly started to re-enter blogging and emailing.  If you follow me on Instagram you'll see that I've started quilting/sewing more frequently, usually in small 1/2 hour bursts on the weekends.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering what became of that beautiful stack of pink fabrics you posted on Instagram a while back. Love what you did with them (that horse print is so beautiful)! The kona white really lets each fabric shine. Beautiful finish!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)