Friday, June 20, 2014

Finish It Friday: Marmalade HST Quilt

Over Christmas vacation I took some time to teach my amazing sister in laws how to make half square triangles.  Since we were all traveling to sunny California, I safely packed my Singer Featherweight and two charm packs for the journey.  (One charm pack of Bonnie & Camille's Marmalade line and the other of Bella Solids White)

During my hiatus from blogging, I took some time to bind this beautiful quilt.  The result:


Love how this came together and the bright binding.  I found the border and backing on sale at my local quilt shop (LQS) and am happy that it all works together so well.  Quilting pattern is "Chain of Daisies" from my LQS.  Binding is a Kona green, I think it's "Grass."

This quilt is destined for the next baby girl born on this side of the family.  How awesome would it be to have a quilt that all of your Aunts worked on?

Another finish for Finish it Friday!

What are you working on?  Here's a little encouragement from me: "You can do it!  Finish that quilt!" ;)

5 comments:

  1. That's great that everyone had a hand in making the quilt. Some little girl is going to have a treasure! All of those Bonnie and Camille prints are just so lovely, I really need to invest in more of them (I only have April Showers so far).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome idea. Love that you all worked on it together. It turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, I think the green was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so adorable! And I love that you and your sisters-in-law worked on it. What a special quilt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the story behind this quilt! And I think that green border adds a nice vintage feel to this quilt. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)