Friday, September 27, 2013

Vintage Modern Quilt - A Finish!



Just in time for last week's travels, I finished my Vintage Modern quilt featuring Bonnie & Camille's fabric line of the same name.  I promise, there are times that I am better at naming quilts, but this time nothing came to me.   Perhaps it's because there is so much pink and red?  Hmmmph.... 

Luckily this number (along with a smaller I-spy quilt) fit nicely into my carry-on luggage.  Tip for future craft travelers: if you're worried about having room for souvenirs pack a craft (quilt) or two as gifts for your hostess.  You'll then have room to bring back your fabric purchases souvenirs.



The Road to Tennessee quilt block was a perfect pattern for the two charm packs of Vintage Modern.  A few yards of Kona White for the top, an aqua print (not pictured - oops!) that I can't remember for the backing, and a Kona red for the binding.

Looking back, when I was, oh-so-young (ok, it was only last year) I only used the Kona white.  Now, I think an off-white would be a better choice.  While the white is crisp, I think an off-white would blend better.  What do you think?



One of my favorite classes at the Sewing Summit was Stash Mixology.  We discussed different ways to use and cultivate our stash.  I am practicing being a bit more honest and critical of my fabric choices.  Check back in a few days for a dedicated post coming up on the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! You should try Kona Snow, it isn't so bright and makes for a great background color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)