Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Drawstring Bag - Jeni Baker's Tutorial

Anyone else loving all things Jeni Baker of In Color Order? I will admit, I am slightly obsessed. Her latest fabric line, Nordika, is on my wish (aka drool) list.

Last weekend I whipped up an adorable lined drawstring bag using her tutorial and some left over Happy Go Lucky fabric.  Have you tried her tutorial yet?  You should!  It's very straight forward and takes very little time to complete.



In an effort to use my stash, I sorted through all of my ribbons/drawstring material.  After some debate, I chose the Potterybarn ribbon I've been hoarding saving for the past five years. 

Fabric: Moda Happy Go Lucky Pom print, Happy Penny print in blue and a Moda blue for the lining.


And yes, now I have something handmade to bring to the Sewing Summit in SLC!  Are you going, too?  I am hoping to meet Jeni Baker and be/act "cool" and not like a crazed/obsessed fan.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, I hopped over to your website after you visited mine. I love your bag and now I love Jeni Baker's fabric too. Glad to see you are bringing something handmade.

    I think by the sound of it there will be a lot of us meeting people who we want to meet. Mean while we are all trying to act cool.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)