Sunday, June 2, 2013

Inspiration All Around Us - Butterflies

As a quilter and some-what creative person, I usually depend on the creativity of others to inspire me.  I'm a copy-cat who gives full credit to her inspirers.  For example, fabric gives me all sorts of inspiration and I like to credit the designer for that stimulation.

Today's inspiration comes from one of my work projects.  As some of you know, my "full-time" job is working for a construction company as a project manager.  One of our latest projects involves butterflies.  Yes, butterflies!  And for part of the decor, the client used beautiful butterfly mosaics.

I'm really sad that I didn't have my nice camera, but the cell phone quality will have to do!





 I used the flash in an attempt to catch the irridescent quality of the wings.  So beautiful.   It makes me want to sew a whole bunch of butterfly blocks!

I did a few searches and the following blocks stood out to me:





This tutorial from Four Wise Monkeys:

And of course, this is just the tip of the ice-berg for Butterfly quilt blocks.

I used some extra squares from my Granny Square quilt from Blue Elephant Stitches' tutorial here and created this cute butterfly using the same techniques published by Blue Elephant Stitches.



I think a butterfly quilt may be in my future :)

If I have linked your tutorial or image and you would like it removed, please feel free to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration! What a fun project to be working on - I can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)