Tuesday, September 23, 2014

QMQ Quilted Name Tag

The last week I've made some slow, but steady progress on a few projects.  Two of them are gifts, and well, I'm not very good at surprises.  Are you?

Truly, I am doing to try my best to keep them under wraps.  Just ask my sister, I am horrible at keeping gifts a secret.  I'm typically so excited about the gift that I just can't help but share / give the gift early.  Any one else struggle with this?

However I have a small project that I can share today: my quilted name tag.

For the past year or so, I've debated joining my local Modern Quilt Guild.  It's always been appealing, but there's always an excuse or two that's kept me from joining. However, last week I took the plunge!

In my excitement, and to help calm some nerves, I made myself a simple quilted name tag for my first meeting.



It features a few of my favorites things:
1. Blue
2. Bonnie & Camille Fabric
3. Blue
4. Simple quilting
5. Hand-sewn binding

I even tried embroidery, which is a new technique for me.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)