Monday, March 25, 2013

Beginning: Shelburne Falls Rain or Shine


Do you ever get in a rut with your projects and need a fresh start?  Luckily, Stitched in Color saved me from the blahs.  Rachel is hosting a contest on her blog (see link here) for projects featuring the new line, Shelburne Falls from Denyse Schmidt.  The lure of pretty fabric plus a deadline was like codeine in cough syrup: awesome. 

(Side note: Don't do drugs! I've only had cough syrup with codeine once when I had a terrible case of bronchitis, pneumonia, cold, etc all at once and hadn't slept for days.  It was during my freshmen year of college and finals were fast approaching. Needless to say a few hours of sleep were a miracle.  Now I am starting to re-think using that analogy above...) 


Additional inspiration came from Elizabeth Hartman's The Practical Guide to Patchwork (she's also known for her blog Oh Fransson).  Her Rain or Shine block appealed to me especially.
I chose three prints and a coordinating yellow solid to create a few blocks.




Now that you've got a peek at what I'm working on, are you going to join the fun?  I'm not afraid of a little competition, right? Well...er...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)