Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sea Glass: A Beginning

This weekend brought rain to the Valley of the Sun and a cold to our home.  We spent the weekend hunkered down and I re-focused my attention on a project I started during the holidays: Sea Glass.  I got the name from a blogger's bundle of fabrics put together at Pink Castle Fabrics.  The bundle was sold out, but I tried to match the colors with different fabrics.


I love the combinations of the aqua, navy, and pale blue colors.  Can you see that blue striped piece in the picture?  That's from a favorite shirt that I sadly tore, but had to incorporate into a quilt.  I love it!  The Kona "Oyster" gives the scheme a softer edge than the white I am normally drawn.


I am really excited to see the quilt top put together.  Lots of hours will be spent figuring out the right balance of navy and aqua, both dominate colors in this scheme.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)