Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Modern Miss: A Finished Quilt!

Do you ever worry so much about the quilting design that it freezes your creativity module?  Yep, this happened to me and truth be told, I'm not happy with the design I chose.  I think it's too much and does not compliment the quilt at all.  A lesson learned?  Yes.  Did I want to learn it on this quilt?  No.

Here's the pretty "before" picture:


Here's the quilting "after" picture:



At least it's still pretty, right?

I think a circular quilting design would have been better.  The angles were just "too much" for this quilt top.

The quilting design is called Square dance and I picked a gray "dolphin" color for the thread.

A big thanks to the husband for being my prop master.

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes it's still quite pretty. Don't be too hard on yourself. I do know what you mean though about trying to decide on a quilting pattern after the top is done. It's not always so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)