Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Arkansas Travelers Quilt: A Finished Top

Today I'm sharing my Arkansas Travelers quilt.  I seriously LOVED how this one finished!



For the quilt I used Arkansas Travelers block tutorial from Lee Heinrich blog Freshly Pieced.  You can find the tutorial following the link (HERE).

It is a block that is constructed using a combination of traditional and foundation paper piecing techniques.  

I first featured the block as part of my PHXMQG 2015 block of the month. As part of my demonstration I created a few extra blocks in a different colorway.  I'm so grateful I did!



I have a small (or, ahem, rather large) tradition of making quilts for each of my nieces and nephews.  So far I've made 18 quilts! I love creating these baby quilts and the joy of having something tangible to show my love for them individually. 

 When I heard this little girl would be joining my extended family soon, I just knew this would be the best use of those extra blocks!  I fussy cut some dogs into the quilts from some OOP fabric I hoarded (designer Heather Ross). My sister in law loves dogs and I hope to help pass that love onto her daughter, my niece.



For the borders I grabbed a large floral print I picked up while vacationing in England.  Isn't it wonderful?  I wish I had bought at least two more yards!  Isn't that the way it always goes?



Julie Hirt quilted it for me using some lovely loops (see her website HERE).  I'll post a picture of the finished quilt, once I can find the photo!

And some extra pictures in case you were interested!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)