Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Go Lucky - Bead Quilt WIP

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!  

We've been enjoying some unusual weather here in Arizona.  Monsoon season hit early and today we hit 108 degrees Fahrenheit with 30 percent humidity and tomorrow we'll drop to 93 degrees (typically we're at 118-120).

In happier news, I cut into a bit of Bonnie & Camille's Happy Go Lucky yesterday!  The collection totally describes my preferred color scheme.  I don't like all of the patterns, but most of them speak right to my soul.  I grabbed five fat quarters of my favorites and two yards of my absolute favorite for the border and backing.  It will be the perfect amount for a nice baby quilt :)



I'm assembling squares and hour-glass blocks to create a "beaded" look.  I'm sure there is a name for this pattern, but it escapes me now.  It kind of reminds me of a necklace I had when I was girl!




To help keep track of pinning the correct fabric together, I pinned one set and put it on the wall where it "belonged."  I repeated until I had all of the hour glass blocks accounted for and in the correct direction.  Worked like a charm :)

Wish you all a wonderful and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you :)